On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 5:07 AM, Gustavo Pizano
<gustavxcodepic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking if I should have different images  facing north, south, east
> and west, and once the layer is rotated I should assign the new image to the
> layer contents.??
>
> I came up to this conclusion because, last night while trying to sleep, that
>  due that the contents of the layer is a ref to the image  then the contents
> are not being rotated while the layer itself it is. What it seems to me
> weird, is why when I rotate the layer I see the image being rotated,  but
> when I get the content of the layer, which is a ImageRef, then the ImageRef
> its still in horizontal position, this kept me away from sleep.

Why would it change? The content of the layer is what it displays, the
rotation is part of the overall transform which is how it displays.
The latter won't influence the former.

Think of it like a photo on your desk. (A real physical paper one,
mind.) Now turn it sideways. Did the photo change in any way? No, just
how you see it. Now hold a magnifying glass in front. Still no change.

CALayer is the same. You can move it around and turn it and blow it up
and do various other transformations to it but this all simply
modifies how it is displayed. Its content remains unchanged.

> So, having different images facing different coordinates is the real fix to
> this issue,? Im starting to believe that it is.

Not knowing what the issue is, I couldn't say what the fix is. You
don't describe why the above behavior is actually a problem for you,
and I have a hard time seeing why it would be. If you want the images
to point in different directions then just rotate the layer. Who cares
if the image itself isn't changed?

Mike