It's because you are multiplying/dividing a double (M_PI) by and int, so you get an int. A 90° angle in radians is defined as π/2, so try the constant M_PI_2. Hope that works :3

PS. You can also make an int into a float by appending a "." to the number, as such: 90. * M_PI / 180. ; but using M_PI_2 should give much more accurate results, and may be slightly faster (pre-calculated constant).