On 15-Oct-08, at 10:02 PM, Pavel Kapinos wrote:

I am using an abstract entity as a destination for to-one relationship but assign an instance of its concrete subentity and it worked just fine in Tiger and even in early 10.5, but I am getting now this nasty "Unacceptable type of value for to-one relationship" runtime messages in 10.5.5 and have no clue why would this be happening. I would very much appreciate any enlightening suggestions. Thank you.

The problem was caused by "mixing-up" two CoreData stacks though both were created using the same NSManagedDataModel. So I was using NSEntityDescription from one stack and tried to instantiate that entity in another stack, which apparently doesn't work this way.