On Dec 16, 2008, at 3:54 PM, Roland Rabien wrote:

In building a small app that reproduces the problem I found the cause of the assertion. It's caused by me being stupid.

The following code reproduces the assertion:

- (void)outlineViewItemWillCollapse:(NSNotification *)notification
{
        id itm = [[notification userInfo] objectForKey:@"NSObject"];
        [tree expandItem:itm];
}

Is this a bug? Or is the assertion valid.

I think the assertion is valid, but it may be possible for us to provide a better assertion. Something along the lines of "expanding item X while it was being collapsed". If you do have a test case, please log it into a bug, so we can either add a better assertion, or document the behavior.

Thank you for taking the time to simplify the problem.
-corbin

What my code was supposed to do is select the item being collapsed if a child was selected. I used my standard select item function which selects an item an expands it, causing the assertion.

Thanks,
Roland