On Dec 16, 2008, at 2:11 AM, Matt wrote:

I have an NSSplitView, divided vertically, with two table views. In a
certain instance I need to have a custom view class appear in place of
the right-hand NSTableView, retaining its auto-resizing and
spilt-view-resizing functionality. I need to be able to swap the
NSTableView (inside of the split view) for this custom view back and
forth as needed.

I searched for the solution but only found references to NSViews
-replaceSubview: with:, and it isn't working for me. Is this the
proper method to be using for such a task or should I be doing
something different?

I think the 'standard' way of swapping views is to place them both into a tabless NSTabView, then switch the current tab programmatically. In your case, the tabview would be the subview of your splitview, and the custom view and table view would be tabs in the tabview.

HTH,
-- Kevin

Kevin Gessner
http://kevingessner.com