Thanks for the help.
I've built a basic Core Data doc based application with two tables and and a
search box. So table one at the left has one column that includes
"categories", and  table two includes associated, searchable data. Two array
controllers with relationships defined in the data model., Add/Remove
buttons for each table, a few search Predicate bindings to search data in
table two, etc. Basic stuff, and it works fine.

I've come across a problem when attempting to add a new record to the assets
table (table 2) only AFTER conducting a search. When you click the table 2
Add button, the table draws the insertion selection over a pre existing row
with pre existing data instead of the Top (blank) row of the table, as
expected. This only occurs after conducting a search. Otherwise, this
behavior does not happen during normal use.

My code for the table two Add method clears the value of the search box.
when it's clicked. Is it possible I may not have this implemented correctly
- or is this irrelevant? is there something else that I can do to fix the
main problem at hand?

thanks.

v.