I'm pretty sure this one is obvious but I'm just spinning around in circles in the docs here and I can't seem to find out how to do it...

I have a basic NSTableView binding setup in place (NSTableView's columns bound to an NSArrayController, which is bound to an NSMutableArray ...)

I'm trying to keep things simple so lets say my NSMutableArray is filled with custom "Person" objects that have only 2 properties: FirstName and LastName (the 2 columns of my NSTableView)...

Now, without doing anything (basically, just by setting my bindings correctly in IB) I can sort the 2 columns (FirstName and LastName) by clicking their headers, it works just fine (I'm guessing because "Create Sort Descriptors" is checked in IB)...

Now the thing is, the NSMutableArray is populated by an XML file that I am opening and parsing (again, no problems with that part)... I parse the XML file, which contains First names and Lastnames, create and add my "Person" objects to my array and the data is added to my NSTableView automatically....

What I need to do then, is to sort my tableview by FirstName automatically and then disable sorting altogether....

Basically, I am only opening XML files, the user is not allowed to add new rows/remove rows/etc. in the table, I only want to show the data, ordered alphabetically ....

Now I think I can "disable" sorting by unchecking "Create Sort Descriptors" in IB for my 2 columns, but I can't figure out how to sort my table view programatically...

(Also, while I'm on the subject, does sorting the NSArrayController's arrangedObjects also sorts the NSMutableArray to which my NSArrayController is bound to??)

Thanks,

Jean-Nicolas Jolivet
silver...@videotron.ca
http://www.silverscripting.com