Hello everyone!

I've got a basic question. I'm sure this is a very vast debate, since I've found several answers on the subject, but I'm not satisfied.

I've read that, since we're programming in Objective-C, it's more elegant and reliable to use an NSArray stuffed with NSNumber instead of a classic C array. But what I want to do, it's performing classic calculation, like mean value, variance... etc, on floating point numbers. Typically around 1000 of them.

I know that our computers are fast now, but this doesn't mean that we have to not take care of optimization.

So, since NSArray is designed to store all kinds of NSObject's, and mine will just store some NSNumber's, wouldn't it be a bit stupid to use it?

Thanks in advance.

Stanislas