On Dec 18, 2008, at 3:44 PM, David Duncan wrote:

On Dec 18, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Carter R. Harrison wrote:

[dict setValue:@"button1" forKey:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%x", &button1]]; // "button1" is one of my IBOutlets. NSString *value = [dict valueForKey:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%x", &sender]];

It seems like the memory address of the sender is different than what it should be. I did some debugging and the address of the sender is always bfffe2e8 which really shouldn't be possible at all.

Your confusing the pointer with the object itself. button1 is a pointer to a button. sender is a pointer to the object that sent the message. When you take the address of either pointer, you get the location of that pointer in memory - not the location of the object. The pointer itself contains the location of the object in memory.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing

David,

Once again you have saved me from pulling my hair out. Thank you once again for your assistance. For the rest of the folks on the thread the solution was to remove the "&" from the front of all my pointers.

Regards,
Carter