Has anyone had much luck using the NSURL authentication APIs for anything outside of http, https, ftp and ftps?

The first problem I ran into is that when creating an NSURLProtectionSpace object, specifying "ftp" as the protocol gets converted to "ftps". Likewise, trying to use "ssh" -> "http" or "https"

Secondly, I have a password stored in the keychain for my ssh account. if I use -[NSURLCredentialStorage allCredentials], I can see that it's not being recognized. Only http, https, ftp and ftps items appear to be picked up. Any ideas for how I could work around this or do I need to use the standard keychain APIs?

Mike.