On Dec 22, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Chris Idou wrote:

--- On Mon, 22/12/08, Ken Thomases <k...@codeweavers.com> wrote:

On Dec 22, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Chris Idou wrote:

I've got a NSTableView controlled by a NSArrayController using content set binding. One of the columns is a checkbox, and I need to take some action when the user changes the value, but I don't want to put the code in the actual object, because it would be beyond the concerns of this object to deal with all that.

So what is the right way to go about this?

Sometimes the old ways are best.

Use target-action.  Control drag from the cell to your
controller and hook it up to an action method.

How do I then find out which object was clicked?

The argument passed to the action method will be the table view. You can invoke -clickedRow on it to figure out what row's checkbox was clicked. Then, you can use that to index into the array controller's arrangedObjects.

Regards,
Ken