On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Nor <notty....@gmail.com> wrote:
> My view displays file system including some network volumes hierarchically
> as one of Finder's style does.When the network is unexpectedly cut, I'd like
> to remove the network volumes from the view before didUnmount notification.

Note that there is no such thing as "the network". Most Macs have
multiple network interfaces active at any given time. If the AirPort
connection is cut, you don't want to suddenly remove a network volume
that's mounted over Ethernet!

Furthermore, many network filesystems such as NFS and WebDAV are
(mostly) stateless and therefore don't actually need to disappear when
the network is disconnected. As long as you don't try to use them when
you can't talk to the server, you can pick up and continue using them
once you get your networking back without ever unmounting them.

I'd recommend simply not trying to second-guess the system in this
case. The reason the system takes so long to unmount these drives is
because it's not certain whether they're really gone yet.

Mike