The border is the part you click to bring up the color panel. If you take away the border, there's nothing to click.

--Andy

On Dec 28, 2008, at 1:10 AM, WT wrote:
Hello,

I just found by experimenting with NSColorWell objects that merely setting them borderless in IB disables their ability to show the color selection panel. Looking at the NSColorWell class reference document, the "Choosing Colors With Color Wells and Color Panels" document, and the "Human Interface Design" document, I could not find any mention of that fact.

Why should a control's border affect the control's ability to perform its function? Is that supposed to be a feature, or is it a bug?

Wagner