I have an NSTableView with two columns, one is an NSButtonCell checkbox and the other an NSTextFieldCell describing the row. These columns are using bindings and are bound to their appropriate key paths. Earlier in my application's history I could have a row selected and hit the space bar and the checkbox would toggle its' state. This is all documented in the Leopard AppKit release notes and it was a behavior I had written before and was glad to see in Leopard.

Somewhere along the way this stopped working though and I'm trying to determine if it's something I've done. I've made the smallest possible program I can imagine to see if it works there and I can't get it to work at all any more.

Has something changed in some of the recent Leopard updates? Did I imagine the previous behavior? Or am I missing some obvious step?

Ashley