I am new to Cocoa/Objective-C and new to the forum, so apologies if this is a newbie questions.

I am trying to use NSAppleScript from Objective-C to execute the following one liner, and covert the result into an NSRect:

"Tell application \"Finder\" to return (bounds of window of desktop)"

When I call the compileAndReturnError method of NSAppleScript it crashes the debugger. I also am not sure how to actually access the result of the NSAppleScript call once I get the script to run.

I would be grateful if someone can offer advice and/or a pointer in the right direction to getting this to work.

Thanks in Advance