On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:28:44 +1100, Jacob Rhoden <li...@jacobrhoden.com>
said:
>I'm thinking PostReader class could have a static function that
>initialises a new PostReader object, tells it to start the work, and
>then do a [self release] after it has called the callback function
>'postsRead';

There is certainly nothing wrong, on the face of it, with an object telling
itself to release. This is quite common for singleton and temporary objects
(just what you're dealing with). m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!