On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Gerd Knops <gerti-cocoa...@bitart.com>wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Gerd Knops wrote:
>
>  I am looking to add QuickLook functionality to a fairly complex document.
>> A static html file, using some javascript to interact with the document
>> contents would be ideal for a number of reasons. So I experimented by adding
>> a QuickLook/Preview.html file to my document bundle.
>>
>> That works fine, and in 'normal' QuickLook mode that html can be resized
>> to cover most of the screen.
>>
>> But in full screen mode the html always appears to be sized to cover only
>> about 1/4 of the available space. Is there some trick to allow the html
>> document to use the entire screen?
>>
>>  Closer examination shows that apparently javascript is not supported
> inside QuickLook.

Security reasons. In particular, QL is a little more paranoid if it gets the
preview directly from the disk (e.g. in
MyDoc.docextension/QuickLook/Preview.html)

> Seemingly arbitrary limitation, when according to the documentation Java
> applets and Flash are supported.

Web Plug-ins are not supported (if this is in QL documentation, it is a
bug).

> Would have been nice to have some client-side javascript to produce a nice
> functional QuickLook document, instead of being limited to 'no nib allowed'
> C code. Why no full Objective-C support for Quicklook seems rather odd.

Security, stability and other reasons.

QL is not meant to fully replace an application. It's not meant to be some
sort of Active X or OpenDoc either. Its goal is much more limited (but in
the end much more useful ;-) ).

--
Julien