Hi,

I develop software for a living and want to get started with cocoa development just for fun. I'm good at python, C, C++ and C# and have some Ruby knowledge. Now I'm asking myself, which language I should use to get started with cocoa development:

- ObjC looks interesing, but would be a new language to learn. I like to learn new languages, but I also prefer to do one step after another. So learning Cocoa and Obj-C toghether could be frustrating. - I like dynamic scripting languages like python and ruby, but I would like to ship my apps to other users. And they should not care about the language I have used. Can pyObjC or RubyCoca be bundled with my app, so that the enduser will not recognize that python/ruby is shipped with my app? - As far as I understand, GUIs are usually build with the interface builder of XCode. That tools is tuned to be used with ObjC. How good is the integration with scripting languages? - How up to date are bindings to "non ObjC" languages usually? If I will like cocoa development, I want to have a look at core data and core animations. Are these also available for ruby and python? - What about Mono/Cocoa#? Looks like Mono is not an good option, if I want to distribute my app as small download via the web. Or am I wrong?

I would be very happy to hear some opinions of experienced cocoa developers about these topics. Any feedback would be very appreciated.

cheers,
Achim