(Sorry if you're seeing this twice... I never got it and it's not in the archives, so I'm resending it)

Hi everyone,

The title basically says it. I have a string (not very long; less than 150 characters) that is wrapped inside an NSTextField (a label). I want to find the bounding rects of a couple substrings, so that I can overlay them with an NSButton. I've been searching around, and I've found a promising lead with NSLayoutManager's "- boundingRectForGlyphRange:inTextContainer:", but I've never used an NSTextContainer before and am not sure how they work.

Would this be the proper way to do it? How can I create an NSTextContainer that contains a string?

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave DeLong