On 1/2/09, Seth Willits <sli...@araelium.com> wrote:
> Howdy guys,
>

> I have a need to make sure multiple QTMovieLayers are in perfect sync.
> In other words, I need them to start at exactly the same time. If you
> just do a few [movieN play] in a row, they're slightly off from each
> other.
>
> Has anyone done this? Any suggestions? (I'd really rather not have to
> pull frames out of the movie and manually draw them myself or
> something like that.)

So are you playing different multiple movies or the same movie at
different time indexes?
Or are you playing the same movie in different layers and just want
them in sync (e.g. reflection layer).

If you are talking about the first case, I don't think there is any
way to do this with QTMovieLayers.

If you are talking about the second case (same movie and time), then
as of QuickTime 7.5, you can do this. I blogged about it here and have
sample code (doing reflection layers):
http://playcontrol.net/ewing/jibberjabber/quicktime_75_core_animation.html

-Eric