On 6 Jan 2009, at 6:20 am, Jon C. Munson II wrote:

Essentially what I’m trying to do is determine the sort of the column. One way I've found is to pull out the indicator image. I plan on comparing that to a named image for one of the indicator images. If there is a better way to do that, I'd love to know as I haven't dredged anything up on that yet.

Is there a better way? Let me put it this way: could there possibly be a worse way?

This is nuts.

Look into sort descriptors. Presumably you are trying to determine which direction the column is sorted in so that you can sort some data accordingly? (Otherwise, what are you trying to do?). The table view maintains sort descriptors which not only contain the direction but the sort key and selector to use for sorting, and these descriptors can be simply passed to a mutable array to sort the array accordingly. The table then redisplays the contents. The table's data source can be informed of a change to the sort descriptors by the user (like when they click a column header) and the data can be resorted.

--Graham