Hi Marc,

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 2:42 AM, marc hoffman <m...@elitedev.com> wrote:

> any other ideas?

I did notice one thing from your original code:

> NSURLConnection *conn = [[NSURLConnection connectionWithRequest:request
> delegate:self] retain];
>       @try
>       {
>           [conn start];

The way you've allocated the connection, it should start
automatically.  You shouldn't need to call -start manually.  This
*might* be causing some issues.  The documentation doesn't say not to
call it on a connection that is already started, but there might be a
bug.  Try removing this call to see if it helps at all.

Otherwise, it sounds like you've maybe got a memory management issue.
Double check all your retains and releases.  You may want to try
releasing the connection in -connectionDidFinishLoading: rather than
where you're releasing it now, though I've never needed to do that
before.

Jason