Thanks for the link. I removed CFBundleTypeExtensions, but now the file icon won't show up for any of that file type (for example, I associate the file to another app, the icon changes for that app; I then re-associate the file with my app but the icon doesn't change back. When I re-add CFBundleTypeExtensions it works as expected. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the Finder?

Cheers,
Mitch