On Jan 14, 2009, at 9:14 AM, David Blanton wrote:

I thought I had this solved but I need help.

Looking at iTunes with 130 songs the table scrolls quick and resizing the window is snappy.

When I resize a window or split view containing a table of 30 rows or scroll the table it is slooooow.

I have read Cocoa Performance Guidelines. I cannot get a call to preservesContentDuringLiveResize for my table view.

So, how can I make my users happy with a snappy table view during resize operations?

For any performance problem, I highly recommend finding out what is slow. Use Shark to sample your program and find out what it is. Then post the relevant information to the list saying "why is X slow"? There isn't much that people can recommend until then.

corbin