On Jan 14, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Quincey Morris wrote:

On Jan 14, 2009, at 08:35, Keary Suska wrote:

On Jan 14, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Steven Hamilton wrote:

I have a customer WindowController class and within it I have a method that returns a NSSortDescriptor. Like this;

-(NSArray *)nameSortDescriptors
{
        NSSortDescriptor *sorter;
        sorter = [[[NSSortDescriptor alloc]
                           initWithKey: @"name"
                           ascending: YES] autorelease];
        return ([NSArray arrayWithObject: sorter]);

Error setting value for key path nameSortDescriptors of object <MLAccountController: 0x58ae390> (from bound object <NSArrayController: 0x589d1a0>[entity: Account, number of selected objects: 1](null)): [<MLAccountController 0x58ae390> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding- compliant for the key nameSortDescriptors.

... 2) make nameSortDescriptors key value coding compliant.

Jumping in with a quibble ...

The OP's window controller class *is* KVC-compliant for the 'nameSortDescriptors' property, but it's an immutable property. The sortable column needs it to be a mutable property. The error message is slightly at fault here.

So the solution is to put the array of sort descriptors in an instance variable and write a setter for the property, which is, I think, what you were implying the OP should do.

I stand corrected. To be more specific, I would say a setter or indexed accessors.

Best,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.