On 15 Jan 09, at 11:37, James Maxwell wrote:
I have a Cocoa app, written in Obj-C, and I want to communicate with a 3rd party app, which has a python interface. The 3rd party app itself is actually written in C++, but it's run from python.

How do I go about doing this? I want to basically send python commands to this app's python interface, and receive its output. I've been looking at various possible solutions, but nothing seems very clear to me.

We have no idea, because we don't know what program you're talking about. What is it?