Good to know!  Thanks for the info.  =)

Dave

On 16 Jan, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Shawn Erickson wrote:

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Shawn Erickson <shaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Dave DeLong <davedel...@me.com> wrote:
My understanding is that the modifierFlag "256" means that no other
modifiers are pressed. I haven't found it in the docs anywhere, but I believe that you can count on "256" meaning "no flags". Every machine I've tested this on (I've done a bunch of CGEvent stuff recently) seems to agree.

Unsafe assumption. You are just lucky that some lower bit (device
dependent bit) is being set for you. I know of no documentation that
says this bit will always set. Additionally if some other device
dependent bit is set your assumption would be broken.

As a follow up you are depending on kCGEventFlagMaskNonCoalesced being
set if you are checking against a numeric value of 256. IIRC this will
not be set for events coming from event sources created with
kCGEventSourceStatePrivate and possibly other avenues.

-Shawn