On Jan 17, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Joe Wildish wrote:

Anyway, I did find a post on this list that mentions a similar problem (http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2008/12/13/225352 ). However, in my case I am not applying any transforms to the layer hierarchy, and I am also ensuring that the frame origin of each object is drawn at a "whole number" point (both of these things are mentioned as potential causes in that thread).

Your suffering from the same problem as above. The frame origin is not what matters, but rather the layer's position (all aspects of the frame are synthesized from other properties of the layer). Depending on if your layer's dimensions are odd or even the position should be on the pixel or on the half pixel to avoid antialiasing like this.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing