I am trying to help someone solve a problem with their code. I did not
write the code myself. As far as I can tell they have a custom NSView
subclass that has some subviews. The view represents a hand of playing
cards. The subviews themselves are custom NSButton subclasses that
represent individual playing cards.

The cards in the hand are drawn overlapping. Everything works fine
under 10.5. Which is to say that when you click on a playing card
nothing happens. We want NOTHING to happen when we click on a card.
Under 10.4 when you click on a card the individual playing card
appears to get redrawn on top of the other cards. You can see an
example in this short screen capture:

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/30035/cards.swf

I have tested this with a verity of built in views and buttons and
cant recreated the mouseDown event causing the subview/NSButton to get
redrawn ontop of other views or buttons layered beneath it.

Could anyone shed some slight on what could be occurring?

Thanks,
Adam