Folks;

NSTextView has an attribute 'automaticLinkDetection' that can be set in IB or with the usual -set method. What the docs say is that it "...causes strings representing URLs typed in the view to be automatically made into links to those URLs..." This is what I observe. If I begin typing in the textView it will render a url into a clickable link. This is good!

But what I am looking for is the ability to set a textView's stringValue (an NSString) and have any links in the text be reflected as links (as if I had typed them in) So the distinction is that there are no keyboard events to drive this evaluation.

I notice that TextEdit does not do this if, for example, you paste a plain text snippet which contains a url into a Rich Text document. The links are not rendered clickable unless you generate a keyboard event which causes the url to get evaluated as such...

So is what I am evisioning possible? I would not know ahead of time whether or not the text would contain any, one or many url...

Thanks for any shared knowledge here!
Steve