On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Cormac Daly <cormacd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any ideas? Is there a problem in the ordering somewhere? Its probably
> something very basic but I'm stumped!

You are subclassing NSWindowController and NSWindowController will
call windowDidLoad after the nib it loads is fully instantiated and
wired up (outlets, etc. are set). In windowDidLoad (and after) it is
safe to message outlets but before this point in time it is not. So
what you tried in your init method isn't expected to work unless you
send [self window]; after doing [super initWithWindowNibName:..].

- (void) init
{
   if ((self = [super initWithWindowNibName: @"LicensingWindow"]) != nil)
   {
       [self window]; force load of our window, windowWillLoad /
windowDidLoad will fire
       // no safe to message outlets but likely best to UI object
configuration in windowDidLoad instead of here

If you aren't getting the what you expect in windowDidLoad then
somehow your outlets are not hooked up correctly (at least not fully,
sounds like your action connections are correct). I would compare the
pointers you see in your outlets in windowDidLoad with the pointers
you get via the "sender" parameter to your action methods to see if
they are referencing the same objects (or NSLog(@"%@",
theObjectPointer);) .

As a guess... I bet you have an instance of your
LicensingWindowController class instantiated in the nib that you are
your UI objects instead of connecting from File's Owner to your UI
elements. You should not have an instance of LicensingWindowController
inside of you nib since LicensingWindowController is meant to load and
take ownership of a nib (aka become the File's Owner). Just make sure
to change the class of File's Owner to be that of
LicensingWindowController so you can see all of the actions and
outlets you expect on File's Owner.

Other possibilities are you simple didn't connect your outlets or
possibly (long shot given the names you picked) you have setter
methods masking your ivars that aren't setting instance vars
correctly?

-Shawn