On Jan 22, 2009, at 2:15 PM, Sean McBride wrote:
On 1/22/09 2:11 PM, Alexander Heinz said:
*** -[Not A Type release]: message sent to deallocated instance
0xe412b30

This doesn't tell me what kind of object is sent the message, so I'm
having a very hard time debugging the problem.

My questions are:

What is a "Type release" (and, by extension, what does it mean to not
be one)?

I think you're reading that wrong.  Think:

-["Not A Type" release]

The message 'release' was sent to.... something... can you 'po
0xe412b30' in gdb? Or check the history of that address with Instruments?

"Not A Type" is the type name for the Core Foundation type with CFTypeID zero. That type isn't supposed to show up anywhere.

If the object used to be an instance of a CF type, then you might get better information from CFZombie instead of NSZombie.

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler