Hello all,

I'm working on a Cocoa application which does all of its work within an NSTimer callback that is called regularly. Events are handled normally within a Cocoa run loop.

However, there are times when within the callback, the code enters an inner loop, and will not exit until some user action is performed. I'm trying to force the run loop to pump events within this inner loop, but I can't seem to ever get it to work.

I've tried calling the following within the inner loop:
- calling [[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] runUntilDate:[NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSinceNow:0.1]]; - calling [[NSRunLoop mainRunLoop] runUntilDate:[NSDate dateWithTimeIntervalSinceNow:0.1]];
- calling CFRunLoopRunInMode()
- calling ReceiveNextEvent

None of these let me get any events from within my callback. Is there any way for me to do what I need?

Thanks for any help!
-john