Bill, Rob -

Thanks for the replies, and sorry I missed this in the archives.

I have googled about such problems, but did not come up with anything. Is there a known issue with images and buttons under GC?

Sounds odd. Please file a bug, attaching the application (binary is good enough unless you are comfortable attaching the source).

http://bugreporter.apple.com/

This has come up before and has been acknowledged as a bug in the Frameworks. It's apparently harmless (but yes, it's very annoying).

http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/xcode/2007/11/7/16932

The really bad thing about this is that the messages could mask real programming errors... I had made a few changes to my code when I started getting the message, and also had made some cosmetic changes in IB (adding the button image). I wasted a bunch of time reviewing my code changes before realizing it was the button image!

I suppose I should still add my voice to the bug reporter.

Cheers,

Rick