On 24 Jan 2009, at 17:48, Matt Long wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "capable of running tiger". If you have a machine capable of running Leopard, it should be able to run tiger.
Fraid not, the two machines I have available to develop on are too new to run tiger – there's no drivers for them.

It's going to be a nightmare to debug the environment if you don't have a dev environment to match. I've (hate to admit it) tried this before. It did not work out well and the customer was pretty frustrated as I was trying to get them to "try" my debug builds and report back to me. Not one of my brighter moments. ;-)
Yep, I can imagine, the working on tiger criteria kinda got sprung on me, I'm thinking at the moment that the best solution is to buy an ancient mac, and test it on that.

On the plus side, a couple of people have had some really useful suggestions for interim solutions in private emails, so thanks everyone, I *think* this one's solved as much as it can be until I get an old machine.

Bob