On Jan 24, 2009, at 5:31 PM, David Blanton wrote:

I want to be sensitive to battery usage in the iPhone.

When calling

        AudioServicesPlayAlertSound ( kSystemSoundID_Vibrate  );

How much battery does this use? I may be calling this 'alot' in my application.

Reposting messages will not get them answered any quicker. In fact, you risk them not being answered at all.

Having said that, this is really the wrong forum for iPhone-specific questions such as this one. It's best to ask on the dedicated iPhone developer forums when you log in to your iPhone dev account.