Rahul,

This is a classic sign that you really really need to rethink your UI. No, really, tabs are the wrong solution to your problem. I don't know your exact problem, so I can't tell you what is the best solution in your case., but a multi-line tab control is definitely not it.

Off the top of my head, BBEdit, VLC and TextMate are examples of different ways of allowing the user to adjust lots of preferences without requiring a multi-line tab control.

-raleigh