Thank you for your comment.

Shawn Erickson wrote:
A lock? As in NSLock, etc.? Why do you think you need a lock here
given it isn't multi-thread and the fact that IO appears to be driven
by a runloop which will serialize access for you.

At first, I was not sure if the Run-Loop was implemented using thread or signal. So, I tried locking, but it turned out that it was not multithreaded from app programmer's point of view.
It seems to be implemented using signal, so using lock was not helpful.
You gave us very little actionable information, we can only guess at
your implementation. You will have to provide more details and ideally
sample code.

-Shaw
Yeah... I know. I also often say so if someone asks me and information he gives me is not sufficient. However, I also understand that sometimes there is no way to provide more information.
So, by discussing I can figure out what he really wants.
By the way I asked somewhat general design using a delegate message triggered by a run-loop.
You see such kind of model from many books on network programming.

Anyway, thank you for your comment again.

JongAm Park