Hi Jean-Nicolas

On 30/1/09, Jean-Nicolas Jolivet wrote:

Using that accessor I know I can do the following:
[aDepartment addEmployeesObject:anEmployee];

How would I do that using KVC ?

[[aDepartment primitiveValueForKey: @"employees"] addObject: anEmployee];

might work.

I think the preferred way is something like:

NSMutableSet * employeeSet = [aDepartment mutableSetValueForKey: @"employees"];
[employeeSet addObject: anEmployee];

Is that closer to what you want?

My point is... I don't want to subclass NSManagedObject for all my entities

I like to subclass them all -- in fact I use the generation gap pattern and doubly subclass them -- but that's just me :) I've tediously implemented generation gap by hand for about 50 entities but I recently discovered that Jonathan Rentzsch generously provides mogenerator to do it automatically.

Cheers,

Steve