I am developing a computationally intense application which I need to
multi-process to take advantage of the 8 cpu's on my new MacPro with dual
quads.  I am using Leopard 10.5 OS.

After giving up on NSOperationQueue for the time-being, I have chosen to
use OpenMP to run my big processing loop concurrently, by adding the
#pragma omp for above my main processing loop as shown here:

#pragma omp for
for(count = start; count < end; count++)
{
   member = [someArray objectAtIndex:count];
  [member doMassiveComputations];

I have no problem downloading openMP for leopard. I now have a directory
named "xomp" on my desktop.

I have set the compiler buid option to use: LLVM GCC 4.2.

Q: Could anyone tell me where to install this folder, and what else if
anything needs to be done to use the "#pragma omp for" compiler directive.

Thankyou,

Ron Jurincie
jurin...@eecs.utk.edu