On Jan 30, 2009, at 6:32 PM, jurin...@eecs.utk.edu wrote:

I attempted to use NSOperationQueue with NSInvocationOperations and after several frustrating days found multiple websights saying NSOperationQueue
has a bug with Leopard 10.5, that will be fixed with 10.6.

Q1: does anyone know when 10.6 is scheduled for release?

No, we don't.

Q2: is there in fact a bug with 10.5 and NSOperationQueue?

Yes, there is, but the likelihood that you'll trigger it is very, very low unless you have operations that are adding other operations (that are adding other operations, ...). If you don't, then there is nothing to worry about. If you do, then the workaround is to enqueue all operations in the main thread only.

FWIW, I've added thousands of operations to a single queue at once in the main thread with no problems.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>