On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Chris Idou <idou...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I want my app to automatically save a document when the user closes its
>> window, without prompting the user.
>
>What do you want to do if the user hasn't saved the document?  Do you
>want to prompt the user, save to a default location, or abandon the
>document?

I want the app to automatically save the document when the user closes the
window. The way it works there is always a location to save.

>> I had thought I'd found a solution by overriding
>> - (void)canCloseDocumentWithDelegate:(id)delegate
>> shouldCloseSelector:(SEL)shouldCloseSelector contextInfo:(void*)contextInfo
>> to call saveDocument: in the NSDocument. But apparently saveDocument can
>> call canCloseDocumentWithDelegate: resulting in an endless loop.
>
>What makes you think that?

It looked like that in the debugger when it blew up with an endless stack
frames in canCloseDocumentWithDelegate, and the active line seemed to be
saveDocument. The only two lines were  saveDocument and [super
canCloseDocumentWithDelegate...].

      Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out
more