It seems to be known that NSDatePickerCell does not work in an NSTableView [1]. I have just re-discovered that the minor digits are not editable and that it does not highlight properly, as reported in 2006 [2].

So, instead I tried an NSTextFieldCell with a date formatter. It edits and highlights properly.

However, I need to disable it in some rows, depending on other properties of the object represented by the row. It appears that the 'Editable' setting of the table column is ignored, and the cell's editability is controlled by the 'Editable' property of the date formatter.

But the date formatter appears to be shared by all rows, because if I bind it's 'Editable' binding to my 'canEditDate' accessor via the table's array controller's arrangedObjects, I get a runtime complaint that it cannot bind an array of BOOLs to a BOOL.

So it appears as though there is no way to have the text/date picker selected in some rows and not selected in others.

Has anyone ever thought of a good workaround for this, or know where I can find a date picker cell that works in a table view?

Sincerely,

Jerry Krinock

[1] http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2005/May/msg01114.html
[2] http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2006/Aug/msg01195.html