I'm trying to use NSTextView so that it has tokens in the text (kind of like
NSTokenField).

So I want it that if you try and delete any character that is part of a token,
it deletes the entire token.

So I'm overriding rangeForUserTextChange to return a different range if the
current range includes any part of a token.

This seems to work if the user tries to type in any part. For example, clicking
on the token and pressing space bar or a letter.

However, it doesn't work if you press backspace or delete, even though
rangeForUserTextChange is still called. In this case it does nothing if the
range is zero length, or it does the  normal thing and ignores my range, if the
user starts off with a range selected.

Has anyone got any other ideas how to achieve this?

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take
a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox