On Feb 3, 2009, at 22:49, Luke Evans wrote:

Incidentally, I thought I saw that logging the NSTrackingArea instance when you've just created one, produces different output to logging the instance sent to you in a mouse event (i.e. the descriptions were different). I'm sure that's no more than a curiosity if I wasn't dreaming it, but it might be that the actual underlying objects are different.

I notice that NSTrackingArea conforms to NSCopying. That means it might actually be a copy that's kept by the view when you call addTrackingArea:. So now you maybe have 4 objects per row to compare. Happy debugging! <hysterical laughter>