On Feb 4, 2009, at 5:24 AM, Dikshith Rai wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to drag files from my application to iPhoto,Mail,Preview etc (any application that accepts image files).

I am using NSFilesPromisePboadType.The reason for using NSFilesPromisePboadType is application data is stored as a package and I need to extract image from the package when I drag and drop. It works well when I drag images from my app to the Finder.

I get this call back when there is a mouseUp

- (NSArray *)namesOfPromisedFilesDroppedAtDestination:(NSURL *) dropDestination

But Incase of applications like iPhoto,Mail,Preview etc, this method is not being called. Does this mean that application like iPhoto does not support NSFilesPromisePboadType or am I not doing it in the right way?

What else are you sticking (or declaring) on the pasteboard? They may be preferring another type. Please post your code that fills it up and declares it.

corbin