On Feb 6, 2009, at 5:01 AM, Jesse Grosjean wrote:
With Bill's help I've found at least one cause of the garbage
collection is ON NSCFDictionary crash. If anyone else has a garbage
collected app that crashes frequently on startup with the  crash
described above check for the presence of:

/Library/QuickTime/Sonix SN9C102p
WebCam.component/Contents/MacOS/Sonix SN9C102p WebCam

Removing that fixed the problem for me in at least one case.

And if you find products that are crashing your app under GC, please report the problem to the company and file a bug via http://bugreport.apple.com (which Jesse kindly has -- thank you!).

In general, if you receive crash reports, it is useful to look through the reports and see what non-system libraries may be loaded. There is a long history of "surprising behaviors" caused by various extensions to the system.

b.bum