I have to upscale JPEG images from 72DPI to, say 250DPI (user- selectable). I figured Core Image would be the way to go, but...

The CI docs for CILanczosScaleTransform say "You typically use this filter to scale down an image"; well, I will be needing to scale the image UP. What filter is appropriate for that? CIAffineTransform? "You can scale...the input image." Will that give me a high-quality scaling?

When I do a similar operation in Photoshop (Image -> Image Size, Resolution), it offers to resample the image, and offers "Bicubic Smoother" as being "best for enlargement". What's the Cocoa/CI equivalent to that?

Thanks!
randy