Hi

I created a custom NSCell subclass, defined accessors for stringValue, setStringValue, objectValue ane setObjectValue. I set the data cell for a column like so:

[column setDataCell: customCell];

And bind the column to an array controller:

[column bind: @"value" toObject: controller withKeyPath: @"arrangedObjects.name" options: nil];

When I run my app, I get a crash with the following error:

An uncaught exception was raised
[<NSTableColumn 0x13f880> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key value.

Which I found rather odd because the exact same binding works when the cell type is an NSTextFieldCell

I then explicitly defined "value" and "setValue" accessor for the cell, and got the exact same crash and error message. I Googled and found this thread "http://lists.apple.com/archives/Cocoa-dev/2006/Jan/msg00646.html " but it just seemed to go off on a bunch of tangents without stating the solution.

Clearly, Apple is doing something in their predefined NSCell subclasses to supply values that is not immediately clear from reading (and reading and reading and reading...) the documentation

So in simple terms, how do I supply the info required by the bind method of a table column? Exact assessor names don't work. Exact property names don't work. What's the secret?

Thanks for any help