Having been chastised on this for 'horrific' design I thought I would ask for some pointers before embarking on my next project. (Picture of me with tail between legs.)

The app in question has four states. Associated with each state are four CALayers some of which have explicit animations.

I was thinking of creating the 16 layers, adding animations and adding the layers as sublayers to the view at some appropriate time in the app startup sequence.

Then, as the state changes, set the hidden property for each layer as appropriate for the state.

Side question ... in doing so will the animations begin when the hidden property is set NO.

Thanks

David Blanton